Saturday, September 21, 2013

I'm back!

Hi guys! I’m back from Canada and ready to take on the weekend. So just wanted to pop-in and wish everyone a good weekend as well and share a few of the beautiful photos from my trip. Unfortunately, I didn’t take too many photos, but, nonetheless, I quite enjoyed my trip to the capital of Canada.

The Rideau Canal

Ottawa is truly a beautiful place and I would most certainly like to come back again and explore it further. Alas, business called and my schedule was quite full with corporate events, which were also fun, informative, and productive. I think it was quite a success.

As part of my trip, my co-workers and I, got to tour The Masson hydro-electric power generating station located in Gatineau, Québec. And I must say I was quite fascinated by learning the intricate inner workings of this 1933 hydroelectric facility that interconnects and helps supply both Québec and Ontario power grids.


Apart from touring and conferencing, I was quite determined to enjoy the culinary side of the city. In fact, whenever and wherever I travel, I always make sure to try as many of the local specialties as I can and Ottawa has plenty of amazing dining options available. Poutine… anyone?

From coffee, pastries, French style brasseries, and many modern eateries putting their spin and offering wide range of worldwide cuisine – our culinary tour was quite a success as well. But, most of all, I enjoyed partaking in our teambuilding corporate lunch event at the urban element, where my co-workers and I worked together to prepare a fabulous meal in a professional restaurant kitchen! Fun, fabulous, and one of the most delicious meals we’ve had during our stay. Needless to say, I was very excited about this opportunity. [I’m still hunting down the very yummy recipes from the event, but as soon as I do, I’ll make sure to share with you guys. Let me just tell you: chicken pot pie, and banana & brownie bread pudding were a hit. And you know I’ll be adding these dish to my cooking repertoire.]

Anyway, due to my trip, I had very limited connectivity this week, so my weekly Around the Web post will not be making an appearance this week. We will return to our regular programming next week though. For now, I hope you enjoy the weekend and the beautiful weather we’ve been having!

Victoria, xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Did you say coffee and pastries? Yum and the Masson sounds fascinating. So glad you had fun and learned a little too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And I've indulged in a good number of those - but all worth it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...